Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Long Time Coming

    Wow! I feel like I am coming into the 21st century. Laptop...check. MP3 player....check. External hard drive to store my music....check. And now.... a blog. I have been urged by friends to write, and this seems to be a great place to begin that specific adventure. 
    I have always loved to write, but haven't been for whichever reasons were convenient up til now. Journal for a day or two, write my own greeting cards, but nothing beyond that. So, why not change that dynamic today? Okay, here goes.
    Change is inevitable. Be true to who you are. Keep moving forward. Friends are our chosen family. These are just a few sayings that I believe. They are a part of my life. I'm saying this now, at the start, because they will probably be showing up in my writing. Never more than this year. This month. This night.
    I am choosing to follow my dream. This dream has been present for a few years, front and center, and even longer in the shadows. Italy has been calling my name with it's own distinct melody. "I am waiting", it seems to call, sometimes in a whisper and other times, a pretty distinctive yell (including the hand gestures). So, this is the beginning of my journey. I will let my writer out of her dormancy; and express myself as I seldom do, and in so doing, share my experiences. No censoring her to please others, and no judging myself with the harshest brush available. Just doing.
    You are most welcome to come on along. Maybe one day, I will even inspire somebody else to take that first step of their own journey.
    Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Go 'head you fellow trailblazer...this is beautiful and I love the wallpaper..I look forward to more postings.

    ReplyDelete